Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 76

Thread: Local College Players

  1. #41
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Local College Players

    he's not on the football team for the time being
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Local College Players

    I heard that he could not follow the rules. I also heard he just couldn't hack it on the field at that level. I don't believe either of those. Honestly, I just do not know, but I wish him the best with his schooling.
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  3. #43
    Inactive Member Danny1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2006
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Local College Players

    Thanks. I was trying to think of his name as well, lol. Played against him in 1995--won in regular season, lost in playoffs.

    Ok. One mystery solved; another left unresolved--anyone know who the running back, first name Nate/Nathaniel, at Leb. was from the mid-90s. Believe they called him "Big Nate" and the "Mailman." [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]

  4. #44
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Local College Players

    Was it Forrester? That sounds familiar at least.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #45
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Local College Players

    Two more has came to mind.

    Mike Compton (richlands) went to WVU.
    Ahmad Bradshaw (Graham, I think) went to UVA and is now at Marshall.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Local College Players

    Bradshaw did play at Graham. Didn't the kid from George Wythe also go on to play ball somewhere?

    What about Mike Hamm?
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #47
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Local College Players

    Was it Nathan McGlothlin ?
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  8. #48
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Local College Players

    I think that's it.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  9. #49
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Local College Players

    [ QUOTE ]
    Was it Nathan McGlothlin ?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Wasn't he the one that got killed in Iraq a few months ago?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #50
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Local College Players

    Throckmorton was QB at GW and is a senior year at VT I believe
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •